Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blog #4

 
I have to admit that when it comes to writing research papers, I procrastinate by waiting a long time to gather information that is necessary for writing the paper. I especially dread writing about subjects that seem boring to me. For instance, junior year I had to write a research paper analyzing authors that wrote with an anti-transcendentalism style which was just plain awful. It took a long time and I ended up doing terrible on it. On the contrary, that same year I had to write another paper on Charlemagne and I ended up enjoying the research process because he was a very interesting person.
Every day I go on espn.com to check the scores of various games across the world of sports. Especially if my three favourite teams, the Connecticut Huskies, New York Yankees, or the Nets have played on the previous night. I look to see how well my favourite players fared as well as who the next opponent is for each team. Also, whenever I'm bored on my computer it's not uncommon for me to go to foxnews.com and find out what's going on in the world. In particular I enjoy checking to see how each gop candidate is doing campaigning across the country because I find the GOP race really exciting and interesting.
I love learning about new places so this past Christmas my parents gave me this really cool book that's about two hundred of the great cities of in the world. Each page has so much information including history, culture, and food that is essential to that city. I guess you could say that I'm obsessed with it because almost every moment that I don't have much to do, I'll go through it and learn something new each time.

2 comments:

  1. I commented on Donovan's and Bryan's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If for some reason it doesn't show up, here they are:

    Bryan: I definitely can relate to what you mentioned in your fourth paragraph. I do the same exact thing, I look up stuff that interests me as well whenever I have nothing else to do

    Donovan: I love to look up stats about my favourite teams as well, though i’ve never heard of rivals.com. I’ll have to check that out next time.

    ReplyDelete