Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blog #2

I have been a die-hard Yankees fan ever since I can remember. I have always had a gigantic fascination not only with the team but also with the club's vast amount of history and tradition. Although it may sound a little strange, being a Yankee fan for so long has played a significant role in my life. It all started when I was about the age of four. My next door neighbour who was about five years older than me had come over to play in my yard one afternoon. I remember him talking about baseball and about how fun it was to play. I of course was too young to know anything about baseball so he decided to teach me the basics of the game. Right from the start, I fell in love with Baseball and I wanted to play all of the time. My neighbour would constantly come over to my house and play wiffleball with me in my yard for hours at a time. One day, when he was teaching me the basics of fielding, he brought up the subject of his favourite baseball team, the New York Yankees as well as Derek Jeter, who happened to be his favourite player. I was fascinated with everything he told me and over a very short period of time, I began to share that obsession with the Yankees with my neighbour. To this day, we text each other quite often during baseball season to discuss the how the Yankees have been playing as of late. I consider my next door neighbour to be one of the closest friends that I have and I believe that to be the case as a result for us sharing a passion for baseball and the Yankees together.

1 comment:

  1. I also had trouble commenting on other people's blogs, but here are my responses for both Linden's and Taylor's.

    Linden: I agree with victor in the sense that your picture is simple, yet you really were able to relay a lot of information across based on the symbolism. Traveling is one of my favourite things to do, but unfortunately I have not been to Australia before but it sounds like an amazing place.

    Taylor: Reading your post made me really miss my mom as well. I have not been home once since school started back in August and I only got to see her and the rest of my family briefly during Christmas break. I also consider my relationship with my mother to be very strong. You did a great job detailing ur friendship with your mom.

    ReplyDelete